What is Reiki
Reiki is a spiritual healing art with its roots in Japanese origin. The word Reiki comes from the Japanese word (Rei) which means “Universal Life” and (Ki) which means “Energy”. Reiki is not affiliated with any particular religion or religious practice. It is not massage nor is it based on belief or suggestion. It is a subtle and effective form of energy work using spiritually guided life force energy.
Reiki is the life energy that flows through all living things. Reiki Practitioners understand that everyone has the ability to connect with their own healing energy and use it to strengthen energy in themselves and help others. It is believed that a person’s “ki” or energy should be strong and free flowing. When this is true a person’s body and mind is in a positive state of health. When the energy becomes weak or blocked it could lead to symptoms of physical or emotional imbalance.
A Reiki session can help ease tension and stress and can help support the body to facilitate an environment for healing on all levels – physical, mental, and emotional. A session is pleasant and relaxing and is often utilized for one’s personal wellness.
Benefits of Reiki:
- Helps revitalize and balance the body on all levels, physical, mental, emotional and spiritual, thus supporting the bodies innate ability to heal itself and speed up the healing process.
- Helps you to heal on a spiritual level, bringing one back to a place of oneness with all life, helping one to become with the divine within, aiding spiritual growth and transformation.
- Helps release pain and stress, it promotes a deep state of relaxation, thus allowing the body to go into the rest and recovery mode.
- Helps one in times of transition such as birthing, dying, and life changes.
- Helps release fear, which enables new ideas and way of thought.
- Enhances creativity by strengthening one’s connection to the divine source within.
- Helps the body cleanse itself of toxins, trauma and shock, on all levels.
- Helps balance the chakras
- Helps release old energy patterns, these can include addition, pain, destructive emotional patterns, past life experiences.
What does a Reiki session look like?
At first an Intake will be completed by client where they will go over the areas they would like to work on either emotional, physical or spiritual. This will help the clinician to set an intention for the session to speed up healing to provide optimal health.
During the session essential oils, sage and crystal will be used in combination with reiki to provide a deep cleansing. After the session is complete the clinician will provide water for the client as they will be feeling thirsty after the session; every client is advised to stay hydrated that day to cleanse themselves of all toxicity exiting the body. If there are any questions after the session the clinician will stay to answer and address and questions or concerns.
Within 24-72 hours you will start to feel the benefits of reiki, it is recommended to get a session once a month to reach ultimate results.